Many of us have that one day a week we take off or go light. We challenge you to instead of taking the day off, try some light yoga. Hear me out!
🧘♂️ Benefits of yoga:
1. Aids in fine-tuning your focus.
2. Provides functional stretching for better flexibility and mobility.
3. Helps develop better posture.
4. Can center you for improved self-awareness and balance.
5. Induces relaxation.
1. First off, don't approach yoga as a competition, this will defeat the purpose.
2. If something is painful, ease up on it and don't push yourself to pain.
3. Listen to your body, this will help you be in the moment and let everything else on your mind go.
4. Use the rule to always have your knee follow your middle toe, this will help you stay in alignment and not overreach your knees.
5. Activate all your muscles whenever possible to avoid too much weight resting on a single joint, but don't lock out your joints. For instance, if bearing weight on your hands, don't lock your elbows, but do engage your arms and core.
If you're still not convinced or the above seems like it's not your thing, take it from Steve! In the video below he will walk you through one of his usual yoga routines.
🤔Do you already use yoga or have you been missing out? DM, message, post...we're listening.👂