Lifting weights and running laps is not enough to keep you in shape. Stretching may be the most important part of any workout routine!
⭐Top Benefits to Stretching
1. can prevent injury
2. aids in mobility
3. may decrease post-workout pain and increase circulation
4. helps relieve stress
5. improves posture
However, these benefits are dependent on correct technique, so be aware and present when stretching.
⭐Tips For Safe Stretching
1. Remember to breathe, don't hold your breath
2. Pain does not equal stretching, don't strive for pain
3. Be consistent, stretch regularly
4. Keep your movements smooth, don't bounce, jerk suddenly, or move too quickly
5. Warm-up prior to stretching, stretching is not a warmup
Check out the videos below of how Steve incorporates ground stretching in his workouts for some ideas on where to start.
Bonus tip: although these examples show lower body stretches, remember to not just stretch one part of your body. The whole body gets involved when we work out even when we don't realize it.
🤔Do you agree or do you feel you can get by without stretching? DM, message, post...we're listening.👂