Why You Should Use Resistance Bands
*plus video of Steve's favorite ways to
The Versatility of the Resistance Band
What Are Resistance Bands
Most of us are familiar with resistance bands as that thing your physical therapist gives you to build your strength back after an injury or surgery, but they're so much more than that. Resistance bands are one of the most versatile pieces of workout equipment. They are stretchy bands that come in various thicknesses which directly relate to their level of resistance. They can be secured to doors, furniture, other workout equipment, or even looped on itself to create whatever is necessary for almost any workout. Often overlooked by many fitness fans, it's time the resistance band got its due.
What's the Right Band For You
They come in a variety of types and levels of resistance. Choosing the right band for you depends greatly on your strength. Don't let your ego get in the way and demand you start with the black band. Start where you are and build to where you want to be. Also, keep in mind you will likely need a different level of resistance band for different exercises.
What Resistance Bands Can Do For Your Workout
1. They're super portable, possibly the easiest piece of equipment to travel with. This means with resistance bands you can workout anywhere and still mimic the effects of lifting weights.
2. By its nature, resistance bands create a more dynamic workout since as you stretch them they become increasingly difficult to stretch. You control the challenge, but it becomes an increasing one as you move through a single motion.
3. They can increase the difficulty of certain bodyweight exercises otherwise limited to your own weight. Such as looping a resistance band across your back and under your palms during pushups to increase the strength needed to press yourself up.
4. Since resistance bands can be positioned to work from any angle you're able to better isolate specific muscles to work lesser trained parts of the body.
5. They're very affordable, so you won't have to break the bank to get a good workout.
Below are two of Steve's favorite resistance band workouts to get you started...
🤔Do you incorporate resistance bands in your workouts? If so, how? DM, message, post...we're listening.👂