How To Get Back At It After A Break
Steps You Can Take To Get Back At It
So You Only Took A "Short" Break
A break from heavy workouts can be a good thing, giving your body time to recover. However, an extended break of approximately 4 weeks or more can have physical effects such as diminished flexibility, strength, and practiced breathing as well as mental effects such as lessened mental fortitude and drive. So keep in mind, that taking a few days to a week off may be just what you need, but taking longer than that can start to set you back. It is during these longer breaks you need to take extra precautions in ensuring your safety. Please note that this is not medical advice, it is simply our insight on the matter.
Steps To Making A Comeback
1. Be Flexible - Evolve your fitness routine as you go. This way you don't get stuck forcing a too difficult regimen or bored with too simple a routine. You want to adjust to what will work for you while still getting results in your current state.
2. Avoid New Techniques - Stick to what you already know you do well at the beginning of your return. This will help eliminate potential mess-ups while you're getting familiar with your body again.
3. Don't Force It - You may not realize how much your abilities have declined since you've been away from the gym, so if something isn't clicking right out of the gate, don't force it. Evaluate the situation and take a step back if necessary.
4. Let Go Of Frustration - There is no one track for each person. Depending on a lot of factors, each individual will return to where they once were in a different span of time. Getting frustrated with your own progress will only make it harder. Instead, recognize any progress you've made and channel that into continuing to improve.
5. Use A Gradual Progression - When increasing weight, reps, time, rounds, speed, etc. consider one at a time. For instance, if your are weight lifting and you increase your weight don't also increase your reps just yet.
🤔What's the longest break you've taken from working out and how did you get back at it? DM, message, post...we're listening.👂